Welcome message.

"Viktor Maxckmillian is a man on a deadly mission: to find his dear wife, Audrianna, who has been kidnapped. For this he has turned to his old pack for help; the werewolves that Viktor has long cut off all ties.

However, Xin, Leader of the pack, is not impressed with Viktor’s comeuppance. He knows that when the shit hits the fan - they all come crawling back to Daddy. .."

Blurb, Do Or Die by E.R. Baine


Pelham and Strutt

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Urgh, can't believe I have to deal with this shit right before the launch of my new series.

Yo! Urgh. If you've read the shit that passes for news these days you would have come across this little known news post on the internet:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/national-international/Flier-Singling-Out-African-American-Residents-Sparks-Controversy-305534071.html



Yes I know, it goes without saying. However, since I have decided to treat my writing more of a business rather than as an on and off hobby like I am used to doing let me just say that I had nothing to do with this flier and do not condone mindless crap that people do i.e. spreading hate like a disease.

My new series "My Black Shiksa Goddess" book 1 starts out with the male lead confronting his crush next door, who happens to be black and female, for having the music turned up too loud. I just wanted to say that I in no way posted this flier and had anything to do with this story going semi-viral to promote my new short.

Personally, I don't believe this should have made the news in the first place. One thing you should realize from my twitter feed is that I am a news hound. If my TV is not on CNN, then it is on Cartoon Network or I am watching The Flash. Since the internet has blown up in recent years, I mean since so many grandmothers, mommys, kids, you know, less techy people have utilized the internet a lot of stuff that should not be considered news has become main stream news worthy.

Cute kittens, baby crying, and dogs playfully catching food in their mouths in slow-mo. I just don't feel this article is worthy of news. Now, most definitely this is either someone white/black, messing with people in the area wanting to cause a disturbance in a decidedly peaceful community and most definitely points to something else lurking in the person's character beneath the surface that may be violent and they should be revealed as to who did this so that they can't cause harm, or to make sure that this person has already not violently attacked someone, physically. But, I think raising awareness of this online only glorifies what this individual wanted to do. All the first person who saw that flier after the person who posted it should have done, was to do the community a service and pulled it off and torn it up. Don't give full on racists like this a world wide audience. That is what they want. Make the police take the flier and do fingerprinting on it and let the community be informed on who it is so that some thing can be done about this divisive person.

In the mean time, check it, I already finished book covers for book 2 and book 3 in my new Black/Jewish Romance series (Yeah I know, Black/Jewish. Only I could think of doing that ><'):



Well, just wanted to add a disclaimer for my novel just so you know. But no matter what I say some boob is going to read the book and associate the beginning with the article so they can appear like a smart ass on the internet. "Oh look E.R. Baine in being racist by including a scene about black people pumping up the music too loud." Urgh. You know I really should not have to deal with such empty-headedness but that kind of base line thinking will always go with the territory of being a writer.

If anything this article proves the point that I have been trying to make for years. The World revolves around me. Doubt that? How coinci-donc is it that three days before my book is released that this nonsense makes the news? And manipulates something bogus and asinine that is totally relatable to what I am writing about. Even the name of the online sharer's name has an attribute that closely resembles my real name. This is absolute proof that the world revolves around me. So if you are having a bad day feel free to blame me, even though we have never met. And if you win the lottery, don't forget, you owe me half.


  

Facebook Comments