Welcome message.

"Viktor Maxckmillian is a man on a deadly mission: to find his dear wife, Audrianna, who has been kidnapped. For this he has turned to his old pack for help; the werewolves that Viktor has long cut off all ties.

However, Xin, Leader of the pack, is not impressed with Viktor’s comeuppance. He knows that when the shit hits the fan - they all come crawling back to Daddy. .."

Blurb, Do Or Die by E.R. Baine


Pelham and Strutt

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Thank You to my fans! And why I write.

Just wanted to offer my thanks to all those who signed up to accept my book for review. To be quite honest, I don't care about reviews. However, I'm not a boob. I know that you have to have many and good reviews to make it as a writer these days. But as far as reviews go personally, you can barf me a river.

I'm way beyond the point of some writers wanting to write to prove that they are especially smart individuals that know how to write books. I don't need praise for satisfaction. And I honestly just don't care. But I know that that stupid drop down box in the corner of the screen for Amazon and Nook and all those other sites that make you average out reviews are sooooo important to a lot of people so, I get it, I will try to get reviews. But honestly, I don't care. If I could afford it I would just be like Samsung and hire a ton of people to beef up my reviews online and screw all of you over with fake, happy 5 stars. Eh, I don't care.

Yeah, some pleeb actually emailed to tell me that they wanted to apologize for not liking my book. Some blogger. And I was like seriously, you could just suck it. Of course I did not tell them to suck it. But I only care about my fans and the people who stick with my story. And those fans would only measure up in time as the series progresses. They matter to me. People who don't like my book - I don't care. I'm not in the business of writing to *rabbit ears* improve myself *rabbit ears*. Or to cater to the mass market.It is a mix of my own feelings about what I feel the meaning about being a writer really is.

I had always admired J.D. Salinger's lifestyle. Of how he remained a recluse all his life. And yet, continued writing. And then, as a writer, I had always disapproved of Emily Dickinson not having published many of her work during her lifetime, though she was a recluse. I think it is doubly upsetting about her life because she was a woman. I believe all women should write and publish their work. I find that posting my work online gives me the ideal in-between.

So I'll stick with editing and formatting my books and publishing them online because as a woman and black I feel I should add a level to the equation to support the African diaspora. As far as history goes. But I seriously don't think that I am going to be Martin Luther King's or Toni Morrison's plus one in that arena. ><,

All I'm saying is don't be surprised if years from now I suddenly close down all my online ebook publishing accounts and only people who subscribe to my newsletter get a copy of my books via email. Quite frankly, the act of formatting my books and publishing them online is becoming seriously tedious. I think I have reached the point in my life where if I don't become a popular writer, my dream of becoming a writer will not be the "dream deferred". As long as people who appreciate my work read my work, as long as I can share my art with people who enjoy it, that is cool enough for me.

*And least we forget the extra pocket change ain't that bad either.

Facebook Comments