Welcome message.

"Viktor Maxckmillian is a man on a deadly mission: to find his dear wife, Audrianna, who has been kidnapped. For this he has turned to his old pack for help; the werewolves that Viktor has long cut off all ties.

However, Xin, Leader of the pack, is not impressed with Viktor’s comeuppance. He knows that when the shit hits the fan - they all come crawling back to Daddy. .."

Blurb, Do Or Die by E.R. Baine


Pelham and Strutt

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Kazah! Take that corporate america!

On yahoo today there is an article referring to an employee that just quit Apple. And I got goosebumps because the same way this employee referred to the "real apple" is the same way I depict the machinations of what exactly goes on in Maxckcom (the fictional company where my characters work). I had a character term the dealings of the company as "Bastard Economics". My own made up term.


https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/apple-employee-quits-job-spills-dirt-really-goes-192124288.html

Personally, I believe that a lot of companies are like this. I don't believe it is exclusive to Apple. Some companies are just like this. It is because everyone is qualified for the same job basically. Everyone is replaceable. From managers to supervisors.  And I do believe this employee's account of it. I have worked in places like this before, and the toxic work environment is encouraged by the owners of the company. (I should say though I already don't like Apple because of their company philosophy. Don't get me started on that one. >:(  Read my tweets and you would know. This caused me to loose my page because I said they had been granted a patent they should never have. And I still believe so till this day.)

This is a link to the person's blog and full story:
http://roadlesstravelled.me/2015/04/06/why-steve-jobs-motivated-me-to-quit-apple/

Even though I know my work and I know that I'm incorporating textbook strategies in developing my story, still gives me goosebumps when what happens in my book happens to real people.

Facebook Comments