Welcome message.

"Viktor Maxckmillian is a man on a deadly mission: to find his dear wife, Audrianna, who has been kidnapped. For this he has turned to his old pack for help; the werewolves that Viktor has long cut off all ties.

However, Xin, Leader of the pack, is not impressed with Viktor’s comeuppance. He knows that when the shit hits the fan - they all come crawling back to Daddy. .."

Blurb, Do Or Die by E.R. Baine


Pelham and Strutt

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

May God Have Mercy on Your Soul - Nielsen Ratings...NOT!

Yo!

I can't express how deeply the Nielsen has pissed me off this time around. My one true comedic episodic muse has been thwarted by Nielsen, who I have despised for decades. No more buzzy Millennial awesomeness:


Watching Selfie made me reminisce about my first asian actor infatuation. Chow Yun-Fat.

Chow Yun-Fat images:  Chow Yun-Fat hottie alert.

Back in my day, I grew up in Trinidad and the National Library had just 2 computers and a very slow internet. I used to visit the library and look up all the information I could get on him. I was just like Yowza, Chow Yun-Fat please be mine? Infatuated.

I have hated Nielsen for years. Because of them TV shows that interest me don't get made. Black people don't get cast in TV shows, (I'm calling you out Friends and Seinfeld). The Nielsen ratings gave homage to TV Execs crappy belief system of what TV Viewers are interested of watching. Of course this means that minority TV viewing preferences fall by the wayside.

Here is how TV Execs think. Me: Black Woman => Want to watch Black Man on screen => the end. FULLSTOP. ROLL EYES. Yo, I don't get why anyone is so terribly shocked by the email leak of Sony Execs. TV and Movie Execs on a whole are disreputable, senseless jerks whose theories have been spread within their non-progressive television and big screen programming.

International community mostly racist...huh? ><, check it out here: Sony hacked emails about Denzel...Big Whup!
This is why there are no black people in Seinfeld or Friends. The prevailing belief in Hollywood, (also in Two and a Half Men, not just friends) is that certain people, mainly whites, in society don't come into contact with black people unless it is in the service industry. That is why you would see the odd black guy serving drinks at a bar, getting a car as a valet. But hardly ever a main character. They believe white people don't have many black friends. And a whole lot of ...say what? beliefs that real people who reside in the real world would not cater to. They cater to a mostly white audience, black people don't speak out about it too much, so they just go their way and typecast black women as either BAPS representatives or The Mad Black Woman type. (Yeah, I'm looking at you Dexter). Or black men as thugs.

We are seeing a change, but it is slow in coming. And lets face it...too little too late.

May you die a slow and horrible death Nielsen ratings. I hate you, I hate you so baaaad right now




  

Facebook Comments